March 16, 2012

New York City Sky-scraper







        Here we have a photo looking up at a sky-scraper in New York City, with some nice wispy clouds above. I love how the lines in the image all converge in that bright, etherial cloud formation. 

        This picture was recorded during my 2nd stay in New York. My first visit to New York was overwhelming. I was with my brother, and it was his first time as well. During that trip I mostly stayed in Central Park and read. Kinda felt like being in an airport all day. The second time around was quite different. A family friend who knew the city well showed me around. Suffice it to say it felt more grounded. This picture came out of that trip. Below I have posted the original image, and below that I have written a little about my editing process and photo philosophy. 






        Not nearly as satisfying huh? It only took a minute or two to come up with the enhanced image at the top of this post. I simply adjusted the brightness, contrast, and levels until I was happy with the result. 

        Don't take your photo for what it is! It can ALWAYS be better with a little tweaking here and there. For me this is where the art of photography comes to life.



No comments: